Standartinė 17 Sau 2007 11:04 pm

The first time i smoked DMT

The very first time I smoked DMT, I was with 2 close friends. The reason of our gathering was to try Pharmahuasca, a synthesized form of Ayahuasca. Bring hither the pills!

Pharmahuasca is a 2-component psychoactive substance: first we ingested the mao-inhibitor(s), we waited about 30 minutes for the pill to do their thing, and then we ingested the actual pharmahuasca pills.

We were not quite sure what to expect, since it was a novelty for all of us. ‘Are you feeling something special?’ ‘Hmm, yes, feels a bit like mushrooms!’ ‘Let’s wait and see..’

This continued for another hour or so, all of us feeling something, but not what we hoped for, nor expected, so my friend thought it was time to extend the experience a little, and he pullled out a little bag with these orange crystals…

Let’s do it!

So he takes out his glass pipe, and explains to me that freebase smoking is the best way to do it. However, I ask him to roll a joint with it, so I am on familiar grounds. He puts in some miniscule pieces of orange wax, carefully placing them in toke-sequence, telling me that this stuff is probably more expensive then gold and gives me a wise-ass smile. He says that he loves us, and that he is happy to share this holy moment with us. Us being there and then was no coincedence, it was meant to be be, we all felt like that.

And then he lights it. He takes a good puff, then another, and smilingly passes the joint to my other friend, who takes a deep one or two as well. He passes the joint to me. I take the joint from him, smoke it gently, and hold my breath as long as I can…

Immediately, there is a noise, like an oscilator that starts as a low zoom, going higher and higer, louder and louder. Yeah baby, pitch me up! At the same time a tingling feeling that starts in the lowest part of my spine shoots up to my forehead and countless beautiful butterflies are coming into my vision. The higher the tone, the more colorful butterflies are filling my head, my heart, my whole body. I think I just died (oops!) and that I’m on my way heaven. Then I hear a funny ‘toiiiinnnk!’ and I am There…

I had left my body & ego, my memories, morales and fears, and I had entered Nirwana. I was home. Flying through a multidimensional place of pure vision and thought, I saw endless arches of golden salamanders, flowing through the very fabric of space & time, their colors changing and rotating like countless kaleidoscopes, smiling and looking at me. My form and vision were shifting all the time, and I saw countless non-defined being, animals, flowers, trees, jewels and crystals, while the salamanders were telling and showing me the secret of life. Heavenly music, harp-strings and choirs ad infinitum were caressing my mental g-spot. There were no questions anymore, all was answered in the eternal unity. I am the universe. And the universe laughed and laughed, about itself and the joke of life it pulled on it! The most beautiful place in the universe, and I found it!

In the mean time..

In the mean time, starting about five seconds after I smoked the dmt-joint, I had fainted and lost my consciousness. Luckily I was already lying down, so I didn’t hurt myself obeying the laws of gravity. I have fainted before and when I faint, I’m also in this gorgeous place of holy bliss, a bit similar to the dmt-trip. Imagine my luck: when I see blood, or get an injection, I naturally trip-out ;) My body started twitching, my eyes were closed, and I didn’t respond to stimuli from the outside world anymore. Instantly my 2 friends snapped out of their own trip, and panicked over my jerking body. First they tried to put me in an upright position and then they set me on my feet, both embracing me in what must have seemed a freak group-hug, shaking me around and shouting my name at me, asking me to please come back!

What’s happening?

After what seemed an eternity (but actually was 7-10 minutes) my dmt-fairies suddenly started to vanish, and the colors seemed to get sucked in an invisible black hole. This void that I seemed to be in, started warping in strange colors and patterns, like dna-strands emerging from a singularity and from some distant place or time I heard shouting getting louder and louder. What is this noise? And why? And why doesn’t it stop? Then, all of a sudden, I realize there is an ‘I’ and an outside world where my body of the physical realm resides and that I need to get back to earth. Slowly the visual warps are merging with the sounds and sights of normality and see two friends screaming like idiots in my face! This is certainly not the homecoming I had imagined! When I see my friends freak out, I assume something must have gone terribly wrong, and I freak out too! Get me out of this! Make it stop!!

My friends keep hugging me, telling me everything is going to be alright, not to worry, that they love me, and that it will wear off in a minute or so. Slowly I start believing them, experienced tripsters they are, and all the terror-thoughts start to fade away. Then I’m back. My head and my stomach hurt a little, and I have a minor buzz in my ears.

Both my friends look at me in utter amazement and relief, both saying that they have never seen anything alike and that they thought I had od’ed or something, knowing nobody ever od’ed from dmt! They knew that I faint sometimes, but this was beyond any expectation, at a time least expected.