Dark & Light

Pasidalink savo nuomone apie muziką !

Moderatoriai: mFungus, Xynus, DoHm, moderators

Registered  user

Standartinė 04 Bal 2009 03:26 pm

Dark & Light

I'd like to start a discussion on the "purpose" of the psychedelic trance gathering.
I want to see what everyone here thinks about it, and the ideas and concepts people are working with.

Here's how i see it:
Mainly, it comes down to two "schools", the hedonists (pure pleasure, lets rock and party till world's end) and the spiritualists (pleasure, as a means to transform and heal, transcending world's end)

(and of course, there's a small third school, consisting of marozi who got lost on the way to the nearest techno party and instead somehow ended up at the trance gathering :clown:)

Within both of these, there are two "factions", each with what on the surface looks like differing points of perception. One believes in making positive frequencies to dissolve negativety, the other believes in going into negative frequencies in order to deal with them and transform them from within.
We could call them light and dark.

The hedonists provide raw energy, the spiritualists provide the awareness, the ritual and direction.

Now, for me, a real trance gathering is when all schools and factions, all with their different points of view and energies and methods, come together, and create the full process.

For a party this means, easy tunes on the way in, building up towards night, to prepare us for what's to come, deep and dark sounds during night, to go into and bring out the negativety stuck inside us, transformational and worldbridging sounds for twilight going into morning, to transform and release the negativety, and uplifting and positive sounds for morning going into day, to heal the holes left by negativety and recharge us with vital life force.

But somehow, more and more, nowadays i see people getting too fractured and factionalized. They go too deep into their own "style", and see the other sounds as inferior and non-functional.
Once you bury yourself too much inside one idea or concept, you close yourself off from the full spectrum of sounds and experiences you can have, and you will start missing part of the story.

This results in the many unbalanced line-ups i see today, like dark music being played in mornings, too fast and deep, or too colourful music being played at night where the colors all become yellow like cheese, too slow and lacking power.
I know many people who dont want to listen or enjoy a certain style, because in their minds they are too much stuck inside one concept. So many people just dont stay for the whole experience anymore, they just go to the dancefloor for the music their minds tell them they like, and leave when their minds tell them they don't like it anymore.

Every sound has a moment and place in time and space it belongs to.

Look at it like this, psychedelic trance is a huge ever-growing pulsating tree of life, feeding on all of our emotions, thoughts, memories, experiences.. good and bad.
In the process, it transforms our energy, which has been coloured by our experiences, into the pure energy life force that sustains all of existance, and through this transformation process we are healed and energized.
Through us, this energy is spread around, because it colours all our thoughts and actions, slowly going into the structure of society around us, affecting change and transformation. We are a cultural virus.

But.. if you travel through the tree, and then get stuck on just one of its branches, wether its a light branch or a dark branch, you get somewhat disconnected from the source and roots.
So, don't just go onto one branch, and start projecting negative thoughts towards other branches... we are all part of the same tree, growing from the same roots!
We are all on the same mission.

:pease:

ps. sorry for the english, i'm still trying to learn lithuanian :geek:
Vartotojo avataras

Intermediat user
Intermediat user

Standartinė 04 Bal 2009 04:37 pm

Hello Robin.
Nice to hear from you.
Actually I think that your point of view about the whole idea of visiting the gatherings is right.
Hedonists and Spiritual ones are like two distinct fractions in chemistry - it doesn't matter how strong will you try to mix it - you still get the same two fractions
Whole thing about dividing people into several groups (social role-players) sounds great, but we have to notice that party visitors have the tendency to change/switch their point of view. It's great if hedonism is converted to spiritual focus. However, we shouldn't forget that there is (and there will be) a big percent of public (org as well) which "belongs to pure-radical hedonist school".
The irrational lineup is just a result which could show 2 org positions:
1) organizational problems (lineup had to be moved due to some reasons)
2) the party-org has his own subjective point of view (about the lineup)
Th second position is about org's self-actualisation and have nothing to do with spirituality.

I think we all feel that the whole situation changes in the positive direction : less messed - up lineups, more events.

The negative part is a quick-forming stereotype about gatherings.Lithuanian (and other post-social countries') mentality people have a stable pessimistic disposition to notice and "digest" only the negative information(doesn't matter how bright and shiny the good part is) As a result we have bad articles in newspapers, rumours etc. which affects "close-minded" people as well as some part of psychedelic events' visitors.

however, I think that by joining together and creating a sort of "synergy" we could change the whole thing.
love and light

Registered  user

Standartinė 12 Bal 2009 12:39 pm

hmm i guess the language barrier is still too big :P
Vartotojo avataras

Advanced user
Advanced user

Standartinė 14 Bal 2009 05:45 pm

Re: Dark & Light

Bluestorm rašė:I'd like to start a discussion on the "purpose" of the psychedelic trance gathering.
I want to see what everyone here thinks about it, and the ideas and concepts people are working with.

Here's how i see it:
Mainly, it comes down to two "schools", the hedonists (pure pleasure, lets rock and party till world's end) and the spiritualists (pleasure, as a means to transform and heal, transcending world's end)

(and of course, there's a small third school, consisting of marozi who got lost on the way to the nearest techno party and instead somehow ended up at the trance gathering :clown:)

Within both of these, there are two "factions", each with what on the surface looks like differing points of perception. One believes in making positive frequencies to dissolve negativety, the other believes in going into negative frequencies in order to deal with them and transform them from within.
We could call them light and dark.

The hedonists provide raw energy, the spiritualists provide the awareness, the ritual and direction.

Now, for me, a real trance gathering is when all schools and factions, all with their different points of view and energies and methods, come together, and create the full process.

For a party this means, easy tunes on the way in, building up towards night, to prepare us for what's to come, deep and dark sounds during night, to go into and bring out the negativety stuck inside us, transformational and worldbridging sounds for twilight going into morning, to transform and release the negativety, and uplifting and positive sounds for morning going into day, to heal the holes left by negativety and recharge us with vital life force.

But somehow, more and more, nowadays i see people getting too fractured and factionalized. They go too deep into their own "style", and see the other sounds as inferior and non-functional.
Once you bury yourself too much inside one idea or concept, you close yourself off from the full spectrum of sounds and experiences you can have, and you will start missing part of the story.

This results in the many unbalanced line-ups i see today, like dark music being played in mornings, too fast and deep, or too colourful music being played at night where the colors all become yellow like cheese, too slow and lacking power.
I know many people who dont want to listen or enjoy a certain style, because in their minds they are too much stuck inside one concept. So many people just dont stay for the whole experience anymore, they just go to the dancefloor for the music their minds tell them they like, and leave when their minds tell them they don't like it anymore.

Look at it like this, psychedelic trance is a huge ever-growing pulsating tree of life, feeding on all of our emotions, thoughts, memories, experiences.. good and bad.
In the process, it transforms our energy, which has been coloured by our experiences, into the pure energy life force that sustains all of existance, and through this transformation process we are healed and energized.
Through us, this energy is spread around, because it colours all our thoughts and actions, slowly going into the structure of society around us, affecting change and transformation. We are a cultural virus.

But.. if you travel through the tree, and then get stuck on just one of its branches, wether its a light branch or a dark branch, you get somewhat disconnected from the source and roots.
So, don't just go onto one branch, and start projecting negative thoughts towards other branches... we are all part of the same tree, growing from the same roots!
We are all on the same mission.

:pease:

ps. sorry for the english, i'm still trying to learn lithuanian :geek:

hm... negative possitive, it's hard to speak about, cause, if one person have possitive wibe from prog trance, and negative from night trance, it does'nt mean, that other person feels same too, maybe hy feels good energy from dark psy?
It's immposible to prove whitch trance is more "light" or "dark", there is "light" and "dark" people, and there is no difference what kind of music the person likes.
From my own experiance, i can say that a lot of people who prefers "light" trance are very dark persons, and on the other hand, i know many persons who prefer dark psy trance, but are much more "lighter" than these who prefer prog/morning trance.
Talking about the music, ant absolutely all the other things in this world it is impossible to see day time if there is no night time:) also it is silly to decline all deeper emotions and to see only "good things", Look to the "Jing Jang" picture, that is the truth of the balanced world, it is impossible to reach the Light if you wasnt in your own darkest side.
Talking about progressive psy trance...., i found that a lot of prog psy is not psy at all, it's just progressive trance, with no , just as dj tieso:))))
its the endless disscusion. there is most stupid thing to "stuck" on one style or subgenere like "dark is shit, prog is good" or "black metal best, electronic sucks" person who say's thet is "narrow" and close minded.
Yep, there is a problem in psy events with line up, dark psy in the morning, and "progresive house" in the midle of the night time. But it depends on orgs.
:bounce: i've just noticed that i'v written the same things as you:)
Sorry for my poor english:)
Jus irgi girdit tuos balsus?

http://www.myspace.com/rehorakhty

Standartinė 15 Lie 2010 02:11 pm

By
Leo Edward
Pink car parking
Purple elephant parking
Leo Edward

Standartinė 26 Lie 2010 12:22 pm

Every sound has a moment and place in time and language barrier is still a big problem

Grįžti į Muzika / Music

Dabar prisijungę

Vartotojai naršantys šį forumą: Registruotų vartotojų nėra ir 2 svečių